Oakville Animal Clinic: Our sister hospital
conveniently located downtown Oakville just above Lakeshore Boulevard on Kerr Street.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Rabies vaccination is required for all dogs entering the United States from a country where rabies is present. Specific details of the CDC’s Dog Import Policy are available from: www.cdc.gov/animalimportation/dogs.html
- www.aahanet.org This site is similar to the CVMA site. It provides a wealth of information on pet health and is provided by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA).
- www.healthypet.com This site is similar to the CVMA site. It provides a wealth of information on pet health and is provided by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA).
- Companion Animal Parasite Council (CAPC) The CAPC fosters understanding and the adoption of the best practices in managing companion animal parasites. For comprehensive parasite information including heartworm updates visit capcvet.org and ncvetp.org
- Dogs & Ticks In 2014 we continue to find positive Lyme tests in our tested dogs (Pets) which is a true indicator of the prevalence- as well other vestor born diseases have been confirmed. The 4Dx test is an exquisitely sensitive test.
- Tick Identification: Black Legged or Deer Tick and Lyme Disease This site out of the University of Rhode Island promotes tick-bite protection and tick-borne prevention by engaging, educating, and empowering people to take action. This TickEncounter Resoure Center (TERC) is comprehensive and very educational.
Pet Trust Fund
- Pet Trust Fund: Pet trust supports companion animal programs at the Ontario Veterinary College (OVC) at the University of Guelph. It contributes to the advancement of veterinary medicine and benefits the health and well being of pets and their owners.